Practice Fusion announced today the appointment of Zachariah Gursky as its first Vice President of Ad Sales. Gursky’s advertising expertise allows the company to bring more doctors into the digital age absolutely for free. Ad-supported business models are the backbone of countless industries, now coming to the rescue in healthcare.
Practice Fusion’s innovative ad-supported business model, now directed by Zachariah Gursky, enables Electronic Medical Record system to be provided to any doctor in the US absolutely free.
San Francisco, CA – July 19, 2011 – Practice Fusion, the fastest growing Electronic Medical Record (EMR) community in the US, today announced the addition of Zachariah Gursky as its first Vice President of Ad Sales. Practice Fusion is the only free, ad-supported EMR system for medical providers in a sector that charges $247,500 for an average five physician primary care practice in the first year alone.
Gursky is tasked with leading ad sales for the free EMR system; partnering with medical devices, technology companies, pharmaceuticals and pharmacies to run discrete advertising targeted to healthcare professionals. Practice Fusion now serves over 100,000 medical providers and 16 million patients and is recognized as a driving force in the national switch from paper charts to EMR technology.
“Coming from a family of medical providers, I’m proud to be working with a team that really understands the challenges small medical practices,” said Gursky. “Advertising is a perfect fit for the healthcare sector. It’s a business model that has been proven effective across countless industries now helping doctors adopt life-saving technology.”
- Zachariah Gursky is Practice Fusion’s first Vice President of Ad Sales.
- Gursky previously served as Vice President of Media Sales at Coupons.com, where he tripled advertising revenue, and as Sales Director at Yahoo!, where he oversaw $100 million in annual revenue.
- A recent CDW report found that 66% of medical practices cited the cost of hardware and software as their primary concern with EMR adoption.
- Practice Fusion’s EMR system is entirely free, including licensing, hosting, training, support, e-prescribing and lab integrations.
- Ads within Practice Fusion are discrete, private, never pop-up and never interrupt the practitioner’s workflow. Sample EMR ad placement.
- Ad-supported business models, long established in the consumer sector, are emerging in the business sector. Practice Fusion is part of a new wave of ad-supported enterprise businesses in the US along with LinkedIn and IT management tool, Spiceworks.
- Ad-supported internet companies contribute $300 billion to the US economy and support 1.2 million US jobs according to a 2009 IAB study.
“Primary care physicians haven’t had a raise in 20 years,” said Ryan Howard, CEO of Practice Fusion. “Billing physicians thousands of dollars is an antiquated business model pre-dating the internet age. Zach’s advertising expertise allows us to deliver the best technology without hurting a medical practice’s bottom line.”
Gursky brings extensive online and offline advertising sales experience to the team from past work at Claria, Doubleclick and Infinity Broadcasting. He is a graduate of Hamilton College.
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system to physicians. With charting, scheduling, e-prescribing, billing, lab integrations, referral letters, Meaningful Use certification, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion’s EMR addresses the complex needs of today’s healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing EMR community in the country with more than 100,000 users serving 16 million patients. The company closed a $23 million Series B round of financing led by Founders Fund in April 2011. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit practicefusion.com.